Staking rewards shouldn't be paid in $LUA but in $BTC, $ETH etc

Fine you now directed the issues to an entirely different matter which is related to LuaSwap’s TVL and LUA value. I am going to answer briefly even though it is not an answer I can claim to be 100% correct.

1. LUA price is determined by market supply and demand. The core team have very litter control over LUA price given majority of supply belonging to farmers. They sell because they farm a lot of LUA during hyperinflation. But the last time I checked LUA price is at 0.03$ for the last 4 days. I guess is that it reaches the point of fair value and will not decline significantly anymore.
  2. TVL goes down because APY goes down. TVL will stabilize when APY stabilizes. APY will stabilize when LUA stop declining (see above), and hyper inflation is over (in 2 weeks).

Wrong. The core team CAN have control over LUA price with proper tokenomics. If traders sell LUA it is because you have not given them a reason to hold or buy more, therefore supply > demand. Which is my point from the beginning. The price will not hold 0.03$ because the fundamentals haven’t change. You had people in your team saying the price would hold 0.05$. At that time I said that it would go down and I am saying it again now: it will go to 0.02$ in a few weeks. You will see. At which price will you take action? What will you do to create demand? Nothing except finding ways to supply more LUA to people is my guess…

In the end you admit that it all depends on the price of $LUA which is what I have been saying all along…but you know, I am a simple mind.
Since you have no control over the price of $LUA, as you said above, you have no idea of when TVL and APY will stabilise. The end of hyper inflation will not change the direction of the price. We haven’t seen an inverse correlation between lower inflation and price. Inflation has been decreasing as well as price.

From your answers, you seem to have lost control over the direction of your platform. You won’t get it back by adding fees and ways for people to earn more and more $LUA. But I know what you will do:
wait for another project to try something and copy it.

I hope you treat your employees better than the community. You should really do your projects without any public involvement, your cocky and offending behaviour wont’t lead to success.

It should be crystal clear that the TomoChain’s team has NO responsibility for LUA’s price. Token holders should NOT depend on TomoChain team’s activities for token price appreciation/ depreciation.

ALL LUA utilities are described in the LuaSwap’s public channel here https://medium.com/luaswap

For further context, interested parties can consult Andre Cronje’s public post here about building an open source public platform https://andrecronje.medium.com/unpacking-my-involvement-in-defi-cdb6479e337d and I quoted:

“I build for developers. My core goal is tooling, to enable other developers to easily be able to use/inherit templates I design and create products out of that. I have, on numerous podcast, mentioned my concern with the misalignment of incentives when speculators are involved, those interviews will add more flavor, I will not delve into this for now.” and

“Tokens, when designed for their specific system, don’t care about their price, it doesn’t matter, all they care about is that 1 = 1. It doesn’t matter if the token is being traded externally to the system at 1c or $1.”

I regret a debate about a single feature (reward in LuaSafe) turns out to be a blaming game and flaming war.

Thanks for making your position clear even if it was with another persons quote. How about telling the LuaSwap community (well, based on the linked article they should be contributors) about your position in an official statement?

I claim there’s a big difference between the message of the quote (from a person who not only copied other projects) and the goal you’ve tried to achieve with LuaSwap. What was the reason for the hyperinflation period? It was to attract as many people=money as possible with crazy APY numbers. Now you’re saying you build for developers. Ask the people who put their money in LuaSwap if they are developers. You know the answer.

All things official about LuaSwap is presented via the medium publication here https://medium.com/luaswap If you have questions about that the core team can prepare an answer for you. I will close this thread down as it is derailed from its original intent.