Sent TOMOE tokens to my Tomo Wallet

Hello,

I sent some TOMOE tokens to my Tomo wallet (on my Ledger) because I got confused by process for token swaps. Is there any way to convert these tokens? I tried accessing this Tomo wallet using Meta Mask but I can’t find a way to change the HD derivation from ETH to Tomo (m/44’/889/0’/0). I have also tried adding ETH to move the TOMOE tokens none of the interfaces I use allows me to use that ETH as gas to move the TOMOE tokens.

Hi Justin,

Thank you for responding and sorry for any confusion.

I have a Ledger wallet and I installed the TomoChain App on my Ledger. I created a TomoChain wallet using this link: https://wallet.tomochain.com/#/import-wallet. I chose the HD derivation of m/44’/889’/0’/0 and specifically created a TomoChain wallet. This wallet’s address is what I provided above: Address 0x8350017834939ced1e6918894d3aa3ca6f30b0b4 | Etherscan.

I was using that tutorial you provided but I got confused by the process and thought that it’d be easiest to just send the Tomo ERC20 tokens to my TomoChain wallet mentioned above. Right now, that TomoChain wallet has 96 ERC20 tokens attached to it and I can’t move them.

When I use TomoBridge, it asks me to link up to MetaMask but I can only choose the default HD derivation path which is an ETH wallet. I haven’t been able to find an option on MetaMask that allows me to choose an HD derivation path to my TomoChain Wallet, ie m/44’/889’/0’/0. Because I am unable to do so, I can’t access that wallet in order to do the TomoBridge conversion.

I have also tried opening up my TomoChain wallet (0x8350017834939ced1e6918894d3aa3ca6f30b0b4) on MyEtherWallet because MyEtherWallet allows me to choose the HD derivation path on my Ledger but I can’t move any of those tokens out and back onto a regular ETH wallet in order to the TomoBridge token swap via MetaMask. I tried sending some ETH to use as gas for this wallet, but the TomoChain wallet keeps giving me errors when I try and send the ERC20 tokens back to the original ETH wallet.

Is there any way I can convert these TOMOE ERC20 tokens on 0x8350017834939ced1e6918894d3aa3ca6f30b0b4 which is already a TomoChain wallet?

I hope that cleared things up a little more.

Hi Justin,

Here is a screenshot of the issue that I’m having on MyEtherWallet:

I added TOMOE as a custom token and I can see the token and the amount. When I try and send, I keep getting an error saying that I need to enable contract data on my Ledger apps. I have done so and triple checked to make sure; my ETH app has contracts checked ON and I have done the same for my TomoChain app. I still get this error nonetheless. I have also made sure to have the MyEtherWallet network be on Ethereum in order to send these ERC20 tokens but that doesn’t help.

For TomoBridge, I am unable to open my wallet on the TomoChain app on the Tomo network when MetaMask asks me. I am given this error: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Just to be safe, I also tried to connect my Eth app wallet on the Eth network to MetaMask to make sure I didn’t have a connection issue with my Ledger wallet and I am able to connect my Eth wallet just fine: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

[For clarification: I believe I set up Tomo net on my MetaMask account correctly. I had a total of 800 TOMOE ERC20 tokens on my original Eth wallet. I test sent 96 ERC20 tokens to my Tomo Wallet mentioned above because I thought that was the easiest way to convert the tokens. After being mistaken, I went back and used TomoBridge and MetaMask to convert the 700 tokens I had remaining on my original Eth wallet and that went fine. Now I am trying to get those 96 ERC20 tokens on my Tomo wallet sent back back to the original Eth wallet in order to perform the conversion correctly]

Hi Justin,

That TomoWallet, 0x8350017834939CeD1e6918894d3AA3Ca6f30B0b4, is on my Ledger under the TomoChain app. Is it possible to extract a private key off of a wallet on a Ledger?

Hi Hito, ledger wallet is private key by itself so you can’t extract private key from that, I can see that you have 96TOMOE on 0x8350017834939CeD1e6918894d3AA3Ca6f30B0b4 wallet. So now you can access that wallet then convert it to TOMO via TomoBridge

Hi Hoang,

The issue I have with TomoBridge is that when I try and convert the TOMOE tokens to TOMO is it requires me to use MetaMask. The wallet, 0x8350017834939CeD1e6918894d3AA3Ca6f30B0b4, is located on the TomoChain app on my Ledger. When I try and open up this wallet with MetaMask, it gives me an error and refuses to open in MetaMask. This is the error I get when I try and open the Tomo wallet in MetaMask to perform the TomoBridge swap: Imgur: The magic of the Internet.

Hey HitoKenshin,
i have the same problem!
how did you manage to move the tomoe tokens from your tomowallet?